“I look forward to watching our children grow together and know that I have made lifelong friends, just as my children have. We really have created a sense of community for our family.”
- A Lower School Parent
When parents are involved, students achieve moreDid you know that...
- Schools that work well with families have better teacher morale and higher ratings of teachers by parents.
- School programs that involve parents outperform identical programs without parent and family involvement.
How can I get involved?
- RSVP YES! Attend school coffees, speakers, or fundraising events to meet other parents in a relaxed and social situation.
- Schedule play dates to meet your children's friends, and their families.
- Volunteer when you are able to help teachers in the classroom.
- Host or help out with school parties and celebrations.
- Cheer on the school at sporting events, concerts, and theatrical performances.
You will soon get to see the whole school community in action, and enjoy getting to know your child's teachers, friends and families.
family involvement is valued and encouraged.
Faculty and administrators work hard to cultivate parent volunteers and to develop appropriate opportunities for them to get involved at school. Don't hesitate to raise your hand if you have a question.
At Sanford School we strive to ensure that every member of our community, from students to parents to alumni, feel a sense of belonging. Creating a strong partnership will set the tone for a successful and happy school year.
The Home and School Association, Sanford School’s parent organization, includes as members all parents of enrolled students and encourages all parents to become active in the organization.